Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking to Layers - One last try before I publish site

I have had mixed responses on this question and have been unable to get it done. Publishing in a week so this is my last ditch effort:

I need to link a series of buttons one page 1 so that each opens a different layer on page 2. I have tried anchors and the locking layers tweak.

If this cannot be done please put me out of my misery. Thanks.

Default Re: Linking to Layers - One last try before I publish site

Sorry. Can I just clarify? You want the user to be on page1, a button is pressed and the user is taken to page2 with layer X open. The user could also press a button and go to page2 and layer Y is open ... is that correct or am I being stupid?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

If I'm right in what I think you want to do I think you're making life much harder than it needs to be. Whatever, after consulting various eminent personages I get the answer "Not possible without special scripting"
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes, neo, you understand my question. What I am trying to accomplish is represented in the attached screenshots (if they upload coorectly). Page1 is a listing of golf tour events with dates, courses etc. When an event is over I change the "register now" button with a "view results" button which links to page2. Page 2 is comprised of tabs linked to layers, each layer has the scores for that particular event.

I know there are other ways to get the user to view results of a particular event (such as creating separate pages), but I like the looks and navigation of this method. Then again if it can't be done I'll move on. I sincerely appreciate your time and comments.

[IMG]c:\pics\page1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]c:\pics\page2.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, looks like up uploader needs a URL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	86425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	86426  

Last edited by garyshapley; 06 January 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: no pics

I see what you mean. A professional code-slinger is needed for that. Worth every penny I've no doubt, hopefully one will see this and dive in

A 2nd list box for layers in the link dialog would be a nice enhancement. Some other users have been trying to accomplish this same feat. Not being a code head I realize that I might be asking for a major code revision, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks again, neo.