Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WORDPRESS themes & other Open Source software

I really do love some of the wordpress and joomla themes that are available for free, and also silverstripe which has probably some of my favourite templates. I have decided to learn about wordpress and silverstripe so that I can expand my knowledge, expertise, and design capabilities with regard to designing websites. It also enables me to offer CMS to people who would like it. While I was having a wee look around I started to consider that some of this open source stuff may have contaminated code. I came across the following, which is rather eye opening. I am glad I found it before I started downloading anything!
    http://wpmu.org/why-you-should-never...anywhere-else/
    I really appreciate it when someone takes the time to research these things on behalf of thousands of other code challenged people like myself. Thank you to Siobhan McKeowen for researching this so thoroughly.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Default Re: WORDPRESS themes & other Open Source software

It looks cool....... As I have found the great source to getting free WordPress Themes. The shared source is extremely looking powerful to know about them. Thanks for sharing some of quality things about WordPress in this discussion.

Thanks for sharing, my next project (after getting over my fears of ecwid - which is great) is to learn more about WordPress, i have 3 blogs but no website yet running on the .org side of things. What i want is to be able to merge the two (web designer site and wordpress) to give customers a cms option.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Wordpress has a great dashboard that works well. Some people state that it has an easy learning curve over others like Joomla. Both need coding and understanding of CSS maybe Joomla a bit more. I would pick on one a after doing research on a few download it and install it on your computer through a local server and then mess with it either buying a book or doing tuts. Takes more than a weekend to learn so stick with it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Missed you in the forums Abi. Hope all is good with you.

Learning code is not difficult if you interest in it

W3cschools is the best source for learning programming stuff.

I think you should start learning first web designing or coding then think about making web designs.

aframalik - Abi is a terrific website designer.

I see you have responded to two old posts. While we welcome your participation, many times these questions have been answered and the members have moved on.

Have a look at some of the newer posts (click New Posts at the top of this page)