Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Large Website and Nav Bar problem

I have a large website with about 200 pages and need to have the nav bar and all the images at the top of my index page on a seperate page so that I can update the nav bar and or images once and it will be linked to all the other pages. At present one has to adjust the nav bar on all the pages. The area I talking about is the top 2 inches of the screen on the index page. Can this be made to go onto each page but be uploaded only once rather than at present uploaded with each page. If so how?
    www.marlboroughvolleyball.com
    Any help appreciated.

Default Re: Large Website and Nav Bar problem

If I might suggest, if you upgrade to WD Premium 7, and I believe Xara has a special 30th anniversary upgrade program on, the nav bar will be treated as a header and will remain the same distance on all pages. Same with a repeating object at the bottom of the page which is treated as a Footer.

I might also suggest eliminating all of your animation on your home page. I feel like my senses are being senselessly assaulted with all the stuff vying for my attention. Focus!!!

The navbar is seperate on each page and is not repeating due the the websize. I upload all page seperatley and would like to upload the top 2 inches of the index page seperate either as a placeholder or something so I can change the navbar regularly. Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The navbar is seperate on each page and is not repeating due the the websize. I upload all page seperatley and would like to upload the top 2 inches of the index page seperate either as a placeholder or something so I can change the navbar regularly. Thanks Gary
    Hi Jason
    My site has many pages also. I break the site into a number of subsites which also allows me to keep the XAR/WEB file to under 150MB. Doing this allows me to maintain the navbars as Gary suggests.

I have also tried 3rd party navbars so that I can create just one. This does work but there is some problem getting the pages all to reference the common code. I am currently in the process of changing completly over the Xara bars. They are not the final answer for larger sites. You can still see both in action at:
    Xara Navbar: greygypsies.com.au & greygypsies.com.au/trips/canning
    Deluxe Menus: http://greygypsies.com.au/trips/nsw_desert_parks

I do like the Deluxe menus solution but do have a lot of trouble referencing the common code folders & js. It can be done using placeholders; two are required, one for the actual navbar & one for the code which needs to be placed into the page header. This can be done as described by Gary.

HTH
    terry

PS: I leave for holidays tomorrow.