Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Navbar too long

Default Navbar too long

Is there any way to wrap a navbar onto two lines. There are too many options for one line & no suitable grouping to allow submenus.

I have used two navbars but the second does not highlight the selected page tab on the second navbar.
    (See it here)
    terry

Default Re: Navbar too long

Your second Navigation bar is probably all on the MouseOff layer. You will need to edit the navigation bar, remove the soft groups then put all the mouse over buttons on the mouse over layer, and then re-apply the soft group.

Because you have so many buttons, I would recommend in the Navigation Bar Properties menu, click Ungroup to Edit Graphics
    . Delete all but one button. Remove the soft group for that button, cut and paste the mouse over state onto the mouse over layer, then select both buttons and re-apply the soft group. Then recreate the nav bar. Delete the duplicate pages.
    Since you have so many buttons, I would suggest if possible, creating fly out sub menus to simplify your navigation. In the Navigation Bar Properties menu, go the Help button and look for sub menus.

Hi Terry

I noticed you have used several different types of navbar in your site. On this page, you could lengthen the page, make the menu vertical instead of horizontal, and put it down the left hand side of the page. You would just then need to move the information text to the right of the nav bar. You would then need to repeat this on all the pages that the menu points to, so therefore you would need to lengthen all these pages also, but that would be okay because you could space the pictures out more and make them larger.

Sorry for the delay Gary & Abikadabra. We have been away on another trip. Thanks Gary, will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    Hi Terry

I noticed you have used several different types of navbar in your site. On this page, you could lengthen the page, make the menu vertical instead of horizontal, and put it down the left hand side of the page. You would just then need to move the information text to the right of the nav bar. You would then need to repeat this on all the pages that the menu points to, so therefore you would need to lengthen all these pages also, but that would be okay because you could space the pictures out more and make them larger.
    Thanks for that Abikadabra
    I am in the process of changing over. The site originally used a third party Navbar "Deluxe Menus" but while they allow easy maintenance of a global menu (like that VERY MUCH) they are a pain to get the relative links right. I may look for some other third party navbar which is easier.

Re Vert Navbars: I did think of that but decided against it. However, I did not think of making the pics larger to fill the space. It's just a few subwebs where we do long trips, there are many pages and no logical grouping to allow submenus.

Xara navbars are great for small webs where you can keep the entire WEB/XAR file below 150MB. With all the photos the WEB/XAR file gets very large very quickly.
    terry