Sorry for the delay Gary & Abikadabra. We have been away on another trip. Thanks Gary, will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
Hi Terry

I noticed you have used several different types of navbar in your site. On this page, you could lengthen the page, make the menu vertical instead of horizontal, and put it down the left hand side of the page. You would just then need to move the information text to the right of the nav bar. You would then need to repeat this on all the pages that the menu points to, so therefore you would need to lengthen all these pages also, but that would be okay because you could space the pictures out more and make them larger.
Thanks for that Abikadabra
I am in the process of changing over. The site originally used a third party Navbar "Deluxe Menus" but while they allow easy maintenance of a global menu (like that VERY MUCH) they are a pain to get the relative links right. I may look for some other third party navbar which is easier.

Re Vert Navbars: I did think of that but decided against it. However, I did not think of making the pics larger to fill the space. It's just a few subwebs where we do long trips, there are many pages and no logical grouping to allow submenus.

Xara navbars are great for small webs where you can keep the entire WEB/XAR file below 150MB. With all the photos the WEB/XAR file gets very large very quickly.
terry