Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I popup a photo from a click on a small button

I need to place 20 small buttons on a street (trail) map and then link each button to a jpeg photo. Each little 20 pixel red button will popup a 240x360 pixel jpeg.

It's easy to do when the button and the image are the SAME jpeg, just different sizes. You place the 240x360 jpeg on the page and scale it down to a 24x36 pixel button.

The final effect will be something like a Google map. You click on a tiny "knife and fork" icon and a snapshot of a restaurant pops up.

Default Re: How do I popup a photo from a click on a small button

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can do this by creating a separate layer (Page and Layer Gallery) for each of the images. Then link the buttons on your MouseOff Layer to each of the pop up layers. You can use the Link Link to Layer option or the Mouse-Over > Link to Layer in which case the pop ups will show when the visitor mouses over the buttons.

A pop up layer would be one way.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Drwyd; 01 January 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Typo

MouseOver example
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the ideas and the quick response on the morning after New Year's Eve <grin>. After working on this map for a couple more hours, I ended up doing a quickie short-cut, I put my red-dot buttons underneath the jpegs pictures that I wanted to pop up. Here's the page with the map and popups: http://oprt.org/map-oprt.htm

I finally figured out that I could hide the square jpegs under a round red button but for some reason I couldn't click on the miniture jpegs so I ended up putting a square jpeg over a round button and it works. It's a complete remake of the OPRT.ORG website in one day, going from coding in Symantec Visual Page (circa 1995) and Xara Web Designer 7.1.

Further suggestions for refinement are welcome!