Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Extending a header graphic past page

Hello all. I am a long, long time user of Xara products (10+ yrs now), and I KNOW I have seen this somewhere, but now that I need it, cannot locate it to save my life! What I want to do, and know this accomplished somehow in I think, the name gallery, is to have an image act as a header background image, but want it to fully extend the width of the screen as a background image, (repeat-x). I have extended it beyond the page, and have also moved it to the page background layer as a repeating image/top... now, the extending bit is where there trouble is... and I KNOW I have seen the code snippet somewhere... Help is immensely appreciated!

Default Re: Extending a header graphic past page

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There are a few ways to do this. One way is to make your page background a bitmap image with the banner in place. Xara will automatically extend the page to the width of the visitor's monitor. But if you do this you need to make your page deep enough so that the page does not tile vertically.

The other way to do this is create a bitmap image and drag it onto the pasteboard. Then match the banner to the pasteboard image.

I'll do a sample of this and post it in a few minutes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 30 December 2011 at 06:14 PM.

What I've done thus far is to remove the page shadow from with in the Page Background Layer, and have pasted the Repeating Group to the Page Background layer. I've also applied the Pasteboard Background color to be the page color of the site... So, what I think I'm reading from your post is that I've basically done the right thing, but put it onto the wrong layer - it should be on the Pasteboard layer instead correct?

But wasn't there a way, from within the name gallery to tell the image something along the lines of ignore the page border? I've found these code snippets once upon a time, but they've gone from my ability to find them... Thanks for your help!!

No, pasting a bitmap to the pasteboard background didn't work either...
    Last edited by designermary; 30 December 2011 at 06:41 PM.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64