Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HELP, please!

Default HELP, please!

Greetings for All!

I am new user in this forum...

Pleaase help, my great-great-big trouble... I working use this software: Xara Web Designer 6. (good, nice, etc.) He was a Windows problem in the days. It was necessary to settle the system on new one because of this. I did not save it unfortunately the backup-files.
    After reinstall OS, and Xara - I look this problem, when I import it the web site files this situation:

http://www.napifoto.com/sample.jpg

Original website this: www.napifoto.com/napisztori

What is problem? I will work refresh, modification, etc. And no work..

Please help!

Oskar
    (hungarian)

Default Re: HELP, please!

It sounds like you have lost your work Oskar

Xara's export filter is a one way trip and the HTML can not be re-imported.

If your .xar/.web file is lost then the only way to get your site back is to import the graphics and copy/paste the text to re-create it.

Wish I could have given you better news.

Use Recuva to inspect your disc for deleted files and folders. You may be able to recover the XAR file even if you have formatted the hard drive before the reinstall.

I have used it a few times to recover lost files for clients and in most cases it does work

Good luck!

A Recuva, hogy ellenőrizze a lemez a törölt fájlokat és mappákat. Ön lehet, hogy visszaszerezze a xar fájlt akkor is, ha formázta a merevlemezt, mielőtt a újratelepítése.

Én használtam néhányszor, hogy visszaszerezze elveszett fájlokat az ügyfelek és a legtöbb esetben ez nem működik

Sok szerencsét!
    Last edited by Big Frank; 29 December 2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: google translate - hope it works
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks for Drwyd and Beretgascon

Trouble is this: Recuva work correctly, problem: not all files recover.. My reinstall the system with Norton-Ghost disc. After,4-5 application must installed etc. = and the formatted hard disk overwrites his surface so Some backups file gives it back, but is what got lost. Other problem: the restored file if I open it with Xara, says it: corrupted file or "The document could not be opened as it was not a {PN document."
    I believe it, it is necessary to rebuild a whole website...

where did you have the backup directory in Xara set to save your work before the re-installation of your operating system? maybe you can salvage a usable file from one of the old backups?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I know this is closing the barn door after the horse has got out, but I always keep a copy of my .xar or .web in your case in a safe place online you could keep it on your website server or use an online file storage site. I use Dropbox as it allows me to have easy access to my files on either of my two machines at anytime. If you use the link in my signature to check out dropbox we can both get extra space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

thank's for replyes!
    Angelize:
    I read your answer now only. I built the dead version upon new one all day long today, manually. Made a backup + even into the work library, and onto the server collection place. The additional one will be safe so possibly.

Beretgascon:
    At me the program the backup does it Document and Settings/User/Local Settings/Xara/backups into a library. This was the problem: I forgot to save it the reinstall előtt. I could already so not back up to get. There is not a problem already now, I built upon new one all... :S

Thank's and
    happy New Year for everybody!

Oskar