Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy and Paste feature stops working.

I am using Xara wd Pro 7 and recently the copy and paste feature has stopped working. It has begun whilst attempting to copy the code for the Facebook Like button (from the facebook for webmasters page) and pasting the code into the named object as a placeholder. When I click on "paste" nothing happens. It will paste into other applications, such as word or notebook but not Xara. Any suggestions?
    ESC key did not help clear current settings...

Default Re: Copy and Paste feature stops working.

I should have stated that I can utilize the copy and paste feature in other applications like word or notebook but still not able to get Xara to copy and paste (cut and paste either) text or code into the body of the place holder item. I click on copy with the code highlighted, go to Xara and select paste.. nothing happens.

that has happened to me before but shutting down Xara and then restarting it again usually sorted it out
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Yea, I did try closing the application and re-opening and even re-started my computer and its still not working. My next thing to try is to un-install, re-install the Xara program. Any thoughts on that? I still think its something I'm missing with a short cut key or an option that is "turned off" in the Xara WD program. I just cannot seem to find it or figure out what I did to alter it.

is it just into the body box on the placeholder tab that this happens, or can you not paste any text into the program at all [not even into an ordinary text block]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It will not paste any text into any portion (page) whether it be in an object, page, layer etc. Its strange because it was working fine and then it just stops. I'm sure its something that I am doing "operator error" but still can't find solution. Escape key seemed to work once (I think) and it does clear current selections but it does not help now at this point. It does not matter what project I have open either.