Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: multiple popups

Default multiple popups

Hope all have had a great Christmas and are recovering slowly.

just a quickie which, apologies if it has been asked and answered before.
    Is it possible to open more than one popup layer at a time from a single click point? So click a button and two or more different layers open(with different entrances). Would it not be cool to have a popup layer coming in from the left and one from the right at the same time or is my dream just that?

Ken

Default Re: multiple popups

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    ... Is it possible to open more than one popup layer at a time from a single click point? ...
    Yes ... http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=218 ... point number 10. But individual transitions I don't think so
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

multilayer.webThanks neodist. IT WORKS!. You can actually get the entry attributes to act differently on each layer at the same time. So two different layers arriving from different sectors of the web page at the same time. Just what I wanted. So simple when you know how. Now just have to play with it to get the effect I am after (and exit the page as well) Quick .web file attached

Cheers

Ken

The transitions can be separate eh :-) Nice one ... will have to investigate that a bit further myself
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

The layers should have (lock) as part of the name btw and you can add a close button with the url popup:close

Yes thanks neodeist. I will be playing with that a bit later. It was the fact that each pop up can act independently as far as it's entrance is concerned that I was looking for as it opens up a whole new way of presenting combined pop up layers.Almost a mini annimation. I originally wanted to have two sides of a jagged piece come together and fit as one in the centre of the screen.I was trying to work out how to do it and now it is completely feasible as I am sure will be many other cool "appearances " using multiple popups. It would of course have been good to be able to activate multiples from the popup layer selector by selecting more than one thus not having to make them with the "lock" attribute and having a close button, but hey, perhaps at a later development.

thanks again for putting me on the right road.

Ken

Neodeist, I have just noticed that it isn't necessary to "lock" the layer as it automatically locks it anyway. Am I wrong or has no one else noticed it?

ken

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I obviously can't see what you are seeing, but if after you open the popup, and you click on the screen anywhere, does the popup close? If it closes by clicking anywhere on the screen then the popup is not locked. Locking the popup (and adding a close button as a method to get rid of it) is a way to prevent the popup from closing if you click on the screen (or highlight text, etc).

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Eric, I can see that the way I posted could be rather confusing. What I did in the .web file was to open the popups from the link in the web properties page using the popup: command and naming the layers I wanted to open at the same time. As neodeist says, in the tweakset it says that if you want a layer to lock then you include lock in the layer name. What I have said is that it appears that you don't have to do this as the layers I named in the popup link did not have lock in the layer name and it appears that they lock automatically without doing lock in the name. You still need to have an unlock button with the popup close command included.

I was more interested in the fact that each popup layer can have different entry attributes and act differently even when opened with other layers. With a bit of imagination this could lead to some interesting effects with multiple layer opening.

Ken

Yeh, done a little test and the layers do stay when the page is clicked. Must be only solitary layers that need to be locked. Makes sense