Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Perth Beauty Salon Site

This site cqperthbeautysalon.com was made for a young woman who has 2 teeny children and a husband who works away on the mines. Caroline was struggling to get clients and her previous site made with a free sitebuilder was not ranking and was not displaying well on browsers, especially the images which only showed the alt tags rather than the images themselves. She wanted the site to be white, simple, and 'friendly'. She also wanted the pricelist to be on a pdf so that clients could print it off, rather than have it displayed on the site. I enjoyed making this site for Caroline, and November and December were the busiest months she has ever had due to clients coming from the site. I am so happy she has generated business from her site and can now afford childcare for her wee babies while she works...and I got my bushy brows done for free!

(I linked the site - Gary)
    Last edited by gwpriester; 26 December 2011 at 01:01 PM.

Default Re: Perth Beauty Salon Site

Very attractive site.

Nice job! I could do with a makeover, myself.. ;-)

Beautiful clean website, I like the big photo headers really modern, some designers are scared of white space but it is good to see that you have used white space brilliantly. As a suggestion the price list could be listed fully on the site as well as having a download option available, this is because some people will have their browser set-up to open pdfs in the browser or as a download, giving the option would be better. Well done on the site
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

nice site, she should be delighted
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It is quite intimidating putting one's work up for review, especially amongst people who produce such amazing sites (eg Gary and skech). However, as my little hobby is now making me money I truly do appreciate the feedback (thanks skech, I will implement the changes sometime after the new year). I am taking small steps in developing my confidence in my work and I still have so much to learn. I am very grateful to the kind people on this site who share their knowledge both on the forum and by preparing tutorials for others to benefit from. I have learned so much from so many. I am also truly thankful for the amazing software that enables me to earn an income at home whilst recovering from a 2 year journey with cancer that cut my previous income to zilch. Thanks Xara!

I was wondering how u made the contactform? Is it Flash?

Hi Thomas. I used CoffeeCup Form Builder. Its about $39 I think. Its easy drag and drop method, and you just configure how you want it to look and how you want to receive the form.

ok thanks, i needed that!

thomas, have a look at this, you might like it, it's free and it comes quite highly recommended:

http://phpfmg.sourceforge.net/
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.