Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help finding XARA graphic template

I created the graphic below with XARA webstyle 4. I have had no reason to touch the graphic until now. I have upgraded to XARA Web Designer 7 premium since I created the graphic. I now have the need to create some new images that use the same template with new text. I can't find the template in Web Designer anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get the template or hopefully it is in the current version and I just missed it.
    Thanks
    http://roundalab.org/gifjpg/Links.gif

Default Re: Need help finding XARA graphic template

Hi Jim, welcome to Talkgraphics.

If you still have Webstyle 4 installed you can locate the graphics used to create the Egypt buttons and use them within Web Designer 7 Premium.

You will need experience creating your own navbar within WD7P. The graphic elements will be there for you to use with a little editing of theme colours and the text.

All the Webstye 4 themes are at C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\WSTemplates\ folder. The vector elements for the Egypta theme are in the folder C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\WSTemplates\egypta (theme). Specifically the files with the name extention of .wix for the type of navbar you need (horizontal or vertical) can be selected and then drag and drop onto a WD7P document. See attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egypta-wix.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	86168  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Soquili
    I uninstalled ws4 a long time ago when I upgraded to WD7. However, I did find a download of WS4 and installed it on another pc running windows 7.
    It installed OK but would not run with win 7. I copied the WS templates folder from that pc to the pc that has Web Designer 7. I opened the ws4 template folder and found the egypta folder.
    However, there are only xgt and xws files in it. No .wix files at all. Perhaps the .wix files were downloaded by ws4 after installation. I could install the ws4 on a xp machine, but I am guessing that any template downloads with ws4 are long gone on the xara server.

Jim installing WS4 on Windows 7 only requires to be Run as Administrator during install. Once the installation finishes right click the desktop icon and select Run as administrator the first time only.

When you run Webstyle 4 it will check your Xara account and download any and all templates you have permissions for.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili,

Did the steps you specified and everything is OK. I am amazed by 2 things(at least)
    1. I was able to locate my license information for webstyle 4 (bought it in 2007)
    2. The Xara website still supported Webstyle 4 with the updates after all these years since it was discontinued.

One last question. Can I install webstyle 4 on the same system as Web Designer Premium 7?

Thanks again

Yes Jim you can have Webstyle 4 and Web Designer 7 Premium on the same system. They install to their own folders and do not interfere with each other.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update