Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tutorial For Creating Text and Graphic Headers For Websites

I am looking for a tutorial showing how to create custom Text and Graphic Headers for my websites. I just watch about 3 hours of video o the Xara Channel and I have not seen one!

Thanks,

db

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Tutorial For Creating Text and Graphic Headers For Websites

Here is a quick video tutorial I put together to show you a very easy method. The photo I used in the video is one I downloaded from stock.xchng I even threw in a quick extra gold seal. I hope you find it helpful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Angelize:
    Thank you very much for that video.
    No I can create headers for my sites.

Is it possible to save the header as a file
    like header.jpg/png/gif etc?

Also is it possible to bring a third party
    header into Xara for editing? I tried this
    a couple of times and I got an error about the wrong format or something like that!!

Thanks again.

db

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You are quite welcome, I'm glad I was able to help. This was just one technique using a photo and a rectangle others may come up with more techniques.

you can certainly save your header as an image by exporting it: file>export or depending on what version you are using right click and chose export. This will bring up the export dialogue where you will have options to export to many different formats and much more. (for a full understanding of the export function check out the import export section in the help files.

As for bringing a 3rd party header into Xara this will depend on the format of this header, Xara will open most image files such as jpg gif png and many others such as pdf and ai it will open eps files but that can be hit and miss some eps files will open fine others will not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.