Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello!

I am very busy with my community rose garden (which is my work) at this moment. But on rainy days I am working to create a site on rose botany (for the amateur) and horticulture. This site doesn't work actually but its domain is allready reserved.
    And yesterday I have tried to work on logos. Perhaps far from definitive but some techniques seems to work fine and I have allways so much pleasure with XaraX.
    The background color is this one of my pages; I have tried two images for logo's background (one from an ancient illustrated book of XVIIIth century and another one from an herbarium slide).

-For the shinings I have used slightly nudged white (or almost white) copies of the text with a strong feathering.
    -For adding texture I gave fractal clouds transparency to this shining.
    -For adding color interferences to the shining I have superposed another copy with a fractal cloud alt rainbow filling and stained glass transparency.
    -For semi-transparency I superposed a copy of text shadow, using the background image as filling (and modifying some settings).

All advices are welcome!

Kind regards,

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	botalogo.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	19460  

Hello!

I am very busy with my community rose garden (which is my work) at this moment. But on rainy days I am working to create a site on rose botany (for the amateur) and horticulture. This site doesn't work actually but its domain is allready reserved.
    And yesterday I have tried to work on logos. Perhaps far from definitive but some techniques seems to work fine and I have allways so much pleasure with XaraX.
    The background color is this one of my pages; I have tried two images for logo's background (one from an ancient illustrated book of XVIIIth century and another one from an herbarium slide).

-For the shinings I have used slightly nudged white (or almost white) copies of the text with a strong feathering.
    -For adding texture I gave fractal clouds transparency to this shining.
    -For adding color interferences to the shining I have superposed another copy with a fractal cloud alt rainbow filling and stained glass transparency.
    -For semi-transparency I superposed a copy of text shadow, using the background image as filling (and modifying some settings).

All advices are welcome!

Kind regards,

ivan

Hi Ivan,

I like the third one from the bottom best of all. It's a strong logo on a lovely background. Here's a thought: since you have the word 'rosa' in the logo why not have a climbing rose weaving its way through some of the letters?

--
    Big Frank was
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Ivan

I like the strong text in the bottom logo. If anything I'd try it on a background which is'nt so strong in an attempt to get the text to stand out even more.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ivan,

I like the 3rd from the bottom best. The text is good looking, easy to read and stands out from the lovely background.

1 has the rosa in it but the text does not shine out,
    2 is nice but surpassed by 4 and 5.
    3 doesnt fit at all as IMHO the background looks like a snake or gator skin.

I dont have any real opinion on the last ones. As soon as my eyes hit number 5 (3 from the bottom) I stay with that one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

juergen

Definitely number five; perhaps with the background color of number one?

Hi Ivan,

I agree with Egg, the text in the bottom logo is my favorite. Fade the background a little bit and it would be perfect.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Now I hesitate between numbers five and seven and possibilites of background switches or fading. And Big frank, I like also very much the idea of a rose scrambling on some letters and certainly will try this and probably post something!

Now I am going to bed after a hard day in my garden.

Kind regards,

ivan

I like #4 Ivan.

Good to have you back. Remember, you have to come up from time to time and smell the Xs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

My 4-year old always goes through great pains chosing one candy from a jar full. She know that they are all good, but she has to settle on one.

Well, that is how I felt picking out a favorite, but I belive #5 appeals to me the most. It is very easy to read and the non textured text makes it stand out from beautiful background.

The little texture on #4 does add some character and would be my second choice. The last text is very beautiful but seems a little advanced and not as "down-to-earth" as #5 and #4.

Risto