Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: community site

Default community site

Not long finished this local community site and am filling it with local groups and items.Any comments would be helpful. www.cradleymart.com.

Cheers

Ken
    Last edited by angelize; 22 December 2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: fixed link

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: community site

Hello Ken,

The site looks great, I like the colours. Well done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Well done Ken, brilliant use of colours the grey and green work very well together. I would change the gradient you have used on the buttons on the "It's local - Local Groups" page, best to use the flat green you have used elsewhere on the site, it would look really professional then. Again a brilliant effort.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Works for me.

lovely community initiative - truly hope it works and people use it, well done
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks Guys(and Gal!). The problem with doing this sort of community stuff is that you have no direct feedback that you can trust which is why comments from people like yourselves is so valuable. Taking a liberty I would also value comments on these two sites in the same community:
    http://www.cradleychurch.org.uk
    http://www.cradleyvillagehall.org.uk

We are attempting to build an integrated linked group of web sites covering the village and surrounding areas.

Happy Christmas to one and all

ken

Quite extensive sites with a lot of pages of info. They must be paying you a lot of cradits for that, great idea to have local currency when the global economy is so interdependant and therefore any failure repercussing all over too. I think I like the Church site most with the clouds and Orange on Blue colours themed with the site in general. The mouse offs on the last 3 nav bar buttons shift a bit.

Thanks Arpeggio.No cradits just done for the love of the village. Yes a little slipping on some of the mouseovers which is something I keep meaning to fix but always remember just in the middle of the latest upload. As I said when you do work of this type it is difficult to get honest feedback as they think they have to say it's good so you keep doing it. Great to get outside feedback.

Seasons greetings

Ken