Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default File transfer problem - maybe!

Hi
    I recently bought the basic web design program, created a web page and saved it. Then it dawned on me that Xara Xtreme5 contained pretty much the same module, so I swapped web designer for an upgrade to P&G Designer7. This imported the created page without problem and I can work on it as per normal. However I can't preview the design. Only parts of the page appear in the export browser whether I use the internal one or an external browser such as Safari. All this worked perfectly in Web Designer. Does anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: File transfer problem - maybe!

P&GD doesn't have the same web functionality as WD - it's primarily a graphics programme, not a web design programme
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	86137

The comparison thing on Xara is misleading [it misled me ... but there again!] cos P&GD7 has the same web functions as WD6 and a few things from 7 ...
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thank you both very much for your help. In fact the two modules do work seamlessly together and transfers between them are not a problem. It was the 'preview' which was defeating me, and it turns out that problem arose from me not fully understanding the function of the page layer gallery. The preview was showing a discarded early construct which remained in the gallery and was still in the number one position. Deleting it and replacing it with the correct index page solved that problem at least. I think I still need to read up more on the gallery itself though, because I still don't fully understand it. A mix of template and freehand pages may be what's causing me grief

and I think i need to stop giving advice on WD, yes, that would be my advice...

Avoiding Manual Labour.

Please don't. You were not that far out. The two programs do work differently. It's much easier to expand a navbar template in WD than in P&GD, for example. I'm still not convinced I would not be better of using WD and Xtreme5 in combo, rather than the upgraded P&G instead of WD.

oh, alright then
    Avoiding Manual Labour.