Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wazala - change colour scheme

Hi, I'm testing the Wazala Shopping Cart and want to change the pages to match the rest of the website

I've made the changes (shown in blue in the code below) and

1). embedded them as suggested in the Wazala widget

2). put the code in a placeholder named <head> as for things like embedding favicons, etc

However, the Shopping Cart is showing the original colours

I'm not sure if this is a Xara-side glitch that I'm overlooking - can anybody advise?

Many thanks,

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Wazala - change colour scheme

Sorry, the code's not shown, but IS in the placeholder

If anyone is following this, it was a coding bug with the Wazala software

And if anyone at Xara is reading, beyond the basic setup their software is still in beta-mode. You can only make very limited changes to the shopping cart to tie it in with your own site

I've spent months making bodges to get the Xara configuration to work as an e-commerce site, and have come to the very reluctant conclusion (after 4 years of using Xara Xtreme and 2 years of using Web Designer) that sooner rather than later I'm going to have to switch to a program that allows more flexibility that a commercial selling-site needs

Hi I looked at your original demo page.web file and can see that its the implementation of your code which is causing the problem.

- You have added tags for HTML, head and title attributes prior to the wazala code and a closing head tag after the code. This is not required.

- a section of your code looks as if it has been duplicated and is not included within script tags causing it to be interpreted as text.

Please see the attached file. I have fixed the code for you and the shop works perfectly with displaying in your required color scheme.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

DEMO PAGE - 3.webThanks for your trouble - and my apologies for the late reply, just getting back on track after a chest infection

I couldn't actually see the changes, but Wazala support put it right

However there is another problem that's emerged to do with placeholders. I'd like to use my own buttons to direct people to the store and to individual product pages. Wazala provide code for this and the code works fine but I've got problems with the placeholders not showing

The code for the changes is at: http://support.wazala.com/entries/24...-specific-page and it's included on the specimen page

When it's in preview, the 'Buy Now' and 'Add to Cart' placeholders don't appear and the only way to click on the link is because there's a mouseover effect

It's beyond my limited understanding to work out what's going on - can you help??

Many thanks,

Paul