Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't Get Web Site To Publish

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    When the "Publish details" dialog is open, please click on the "Explore web space" button and take a screenshot of the window that opens.
    Beretgascon...

Here is the requested screen shot. Let me know if you would like anything else. Thanks as always!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara ss publish3.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	86078  

Hi gwpriester,

I read through the thread and it seems to suggest that update 7.1.2.18680 fixed the problem that I am now experiencing. I am using ver 7.1.2.18332 dl Sep 14 2011, which is what I downloaded when selecting the trial. Seems this is an older version? The post reporting that the problems was fixed was dated Oct 18, 2011. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TOCOF View Post
    Beretgascon...

Here is the requested screen shot. Let me know if you would like anything else. Thanks as always!
    OK, in the Publish website dialog, please enter /actforcorona.org in the field Sub folder (optional)

Now try to FTP your website.

If it works, whoopee!

If it doesn't, in the "Explore web space" dialog, please click inside the folder actforcorona.org and leave me a screenshot.

This shouldn't be so difficult, but some web hosts are much better than others. I've been right through the 1&1 ftp instructions and they are really vague about the default upload folder which possibly explains why their support staff are equally of so little help.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I've just been to your site's home page and it seems you have manages to publish your first page!

Well done
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

OK, in the Publish website dialog, please enter /actforcorona.org in the field Sub folder (optional)

Now try to FTP your website.

If it works, whoopee!

If it doesn't, in the "Explore web space" dialog, please click inside the folder actforcorona.org and leave me a screenshot.

This shouldn't be so difficult, but some web hosts are much better than others. I've been right through the 1&1 ftp instructions and they are really vague about the default upload folder which possibly explains why their support staff are equally of so little help.
    Thanks for your continued assistance!

re 1and1...don't burst my bubble...its the one place I can actually get a live person on the phone these days .

OK, tried your suggestion and the error message I get NOW says....

"/actforcorona.org: The system cannot find the file specified."

So here is the requested screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara ss publish4.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	86084  

I've just been to your site's home page and it seems you have manages to publish your first page!

Well done
    Thanks! After poking around in Filezilla, I finally figured out how to do it...I was pretty pleased with myself, as this is the first time and all. Since there wasn't anything of any importance there yet, I figured I couldn't do much damage...so I just started dragging and dropping until it worked!

1and1.com is my ISP and I have no problems using the Xara publishing. However, it did need a little fiddling on my part initially to get it going. So, if you are still not sure I will be glad to help you.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

I am also having problems uploading my site to 1and1.com. I keep getting the "system cannot find specified file" message. Is there something about using 1and1 that I need to know or look for?

The first thing I would do is look at the is the file structure on your web site. In windows 7 you can set up an FTP folder and look at what is on your web site.
    To publish one of my domains I have
    FTP host address: gracehjs.com
    FTP username :u12 - ( whatever id 1and1 gave you)
    Subfolder : if1web
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11