Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PLEASE HELP! (Problem with Drop-Down Menu and HTML Form Placeholder)

A client recently requested a search field on their home page. They already had a drop-down menu, however when I add the HTML field as a placeholder, the drop down menu on the front page stops working. As soon as I delete the HTML placeholder the menu works just fine again.

Ideas? I'm at my wit's end with this thing!

JS

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! (Problem with Drop-Down Menu and HTML Form Placeholder)

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The script for the search function is probably causing a conflict with the menu.

Which search module are you using? And why are you putting it in a drop down menu instead of on the page?

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! (Problem with Drop-Down Menu and HTML Form Placeholder)

The search module is for condo rentals. The system is called Entech. I built it using HTML code to search the clients database of properties. The search is pretty basic. Just # of bedrooms, location, etc.

The dropdown menu is for navigation to other pages on the website, not the search.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

JS