Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X3D textures in one file

Hi everyone,
    does anyone know, if is possible that every textures (for example 12 files of textures - jpg files) of one X3D file can be somehow imported in X3D file? Then it would not be 13 files in one directory, but only one X3D file. I hope that you know what I mean.

This is possible by using program VRMLmerge, but it is working only for VRML files.

Thanks for answers.

Default Re: X3D textures in one file

Not sure what you mean, but, you could put all your textures in one file folder. However it might be a nightmare to figure out which one you want. Seems to me that it would be easier to categorize them in various folders such as wood, stone, skys, etc. and put all those folders in one folder for easy access.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: X3D textures in one file

Thanks for your answer.

Well, I don't want to put them in one folder, but one file. This is what can VRMLMerge do: "Replace references to texture files (ImageTexture nodes) with PixelTexture nodes placed inside of your VRML file. Together with previous feature you can actually turn your whole visualisation (VRML files and images/textures) into ONE file." .. and I want it too but with X3D, not VRML.

So, is there any program, which can do it with X3D?