Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bug: If you work TOO QUICKLY in Xara, the tool mode changes (this is unexpected)

Dear Xara

BUG: If you left-click on an object (e.g. on a shape), hit delete and then left click again too quickly TOO QUICKLY you suddenly find yourself in Rectangle Tool mode and the delete key no longer functions.

John

Xara Designer Pro 7 (WinXP / Win7 x64)

Default Re: Bug: If you work TOO QUICKLY in Xara, the tool mode changes (this is unexpected)

You're referring to double click. Try double clicking on an object.
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: Bug: If you work TOO QUICKLY in Xara, the tool mode changes (this is unexpected)

I don't think that's a bug, I think that's expected behaviour, added in a fairly recent version
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

see this thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Y-doesn-t-work

the moot point is: whether the program is not 'registering' a keystroke and talking a 'double click' when it should not....
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 December 2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: fix link
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I can confirm that this is a bug. The problem is that two clicks within a small time period are taken to be a double-click but it is possible to perform an operation within that period which makes the double-click invalid.

We should be able to fix this.

Phil

thanks Phil
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    I don't think that's a bug, I think that's expected behaviour, added in a fairly recent version
    go away beret, you're wrong again
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

This bug actually has it's root in the Windows double-click handling code, which seems to ignore key-presses when deciding to report a double-click or not.

There are at least 3 work-a-rounds to this issue:

1) Increase the double-click speed in Control Panel\Mouse. It shouldn't be difficult to find a setting which allows you to double-click when you want and not double-click when you've deleted inbetween.
    2) Set the registry entry Mouse\DoubleClickNodeAction to 0. This will stop double-clicking switching tools.
    3) Move the mouse slightly between select\delete pairs.

thank you for 2) Luke - double clicking changing tool is something I don't want period

is it possible to disable two esc resetting defaults?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.Hart View Post
    1) Increase the double-click speed in Control Panel\Mouse. It shouldn't be difficult to find a setting which allows you to double-click when you want and not double-click when you've deleted inbetween.
    2) Set the registry entry Mouse\DoubleClickNodeAction to 0. This will stop double-clicking switching tools.
    3) Move the mouse slightly between select\delete pairs.
    4) work in a bath of treacle
    Avoiding Manual Labour.