Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shape stretch direction when text is modified

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Xara and have a little problem with shape stretching. I have made a shape (just like stretchy button) with text in it. Have connected the shape with the text (in the name gallery) and when I change the text, the shape is modified consequently, but text and shape are redimensionned from the center of both

The problem I have is that I would like the shape to only stretch to the right side. I would like the left sides of the text and shape to be untouched.

Is is possible? and How to do it?

Look at the attached image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraTextShape.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	85829

Thanks

Default Re: Shape stretch direction when text is modified

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'm not sure if this will help. Highlight the text with the Text Tool and select Left Justification on the Infobar.

Let us know if this works.

Hi gwpriester.

It is currently left justified and when I click on the other justification options, all button is moved...

No its not working...

I know that there is an option when you make a nav bar, where you may decide how the buttons will act on text elongation, but I can't see where I could find this option for standard shapes...

Thanks again.

Hi everyone.

I can't exactly explain what happened, but I solved the problem by editing the text, left justified, and by erasing every letters (keeping the text area alive). When done, I simply rewrite my title in the same text area and it behaved normaly (expanding to the right)...

Pretty weird behavior...,
    but thanks anyway.