Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Namo 4 vs 5

Hey Dave,

Thanx for the update, glad to see your keeping so busy with all of your most wunderfl art...

From what I can gather so far,either version is a worx donut.

ttys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cool ... I just discovered layout tables in Namo 5 .... you make one of these (could be full page size or whatever...drag to resize it) and move elements around on it as easy as you could grab vector objects in an image editor. Once you are satisfied with arrangement, you can change the layout table into a real table and it creates the correct table data to hold what you arranged. That's great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Sounds something like PI... and/or absolute positioning of sorts only more handy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

now if one could simply right click on a slice in PI and define table/cell properties...then there would really be no need for a third party editor.

then again this is only my opinion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

kewl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on March 04, 2002 at 01:22.]

I've uploaded my still incomplete new website ... the Painting secion is mostly done.

http://www.dkingdesign.com/paintings/paintings.html

Click the 2001 or 2002 to see what I did for the painting thumbnail pages using Namo Web Editor 5's auto photoalbum tool. This was great as I just had to select the source folder (with the full sized images in it) and the destination folder and set some settings (thumbnail size, drop shadows for thumbs, table columns ...etc) and it create the table with thumbnails and pop-up windows and saved all the thumbs and full images and their pages all at the click of one button. This would have taken me a huge amount of time as there's something like 65 images for 2001 alone.

For anyone with many thumbnails this is a great feature.

By the way ....the entire site graphics were designed using XaraX ... it was sliced using PhotoImpact7 (don't like XaraX's method of slicing at all) with roll-overs and other additional things made in PI7 too. Everything else was made using Web Editor 4 or the Web Editor 5 demo (I'll upgrade soon)

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

wow Dave, just checked out your new vamped site and hoo boy have you been busy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I see what you mean about the thumbnails...looks good, must have been a time saver for sure.

Love your painting gallery, lots of fantastic colors, very vibrant worx [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

can hardly wait to be able to check out the rest of your galleries...

best to ya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]