Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The layers gallery allows you to sslect/deselect whether items on a layer are "Visible" and/or are "Selectable". May I motivate for a third option, being "Printable"?
    Presently a thing which is visible also prints, and if you don't want it to print, you're not allowed to see it either. I have a CD label template in Xara which is basically an A4 rectangle with a doughnut cut-out in the right place on another layer. I keep forgetting to turn "Visible" off in that layer when I print the labels out. I'll "never" want to print the doughnut outline, but I'll always want to see it on-screen, so it would be nice if I could have "Printable" (and "Selectable") permanently OFF and "Visible" permanently ON.

Anton
    Anton

The layers gallery allows you to sslect/deselect whether items on a layer are "Visible" and/or are "Selectable". May I motivate for a third option, being "Printable"?
    Presently a thing which is visible also prints, and if you don't want it to print, you're not allowed to see it either. I have a CD label template in Xara which is basically an A4 rectangle with a doughnut cut-out in the right place on another layer. I keep forgetting to turn "Visible" off in that layer when I print the labels out. I'll "never" want to print the doughnut outline, but I'll always want to see it on-screen, so it would be nice if I could have "Printable" (and "Selectable") permanently OFF and "Visible" permanently ON.

Anton
    Anton

Hi Anton,

If you move the layer that has the doughnut outline to the Background Layers in the Layers Gallery, it will not print and can be visible at all times. Another option is to copy and paste the doughtnut outline onto the guides layer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill! I was sure that They must have thought of it ... thanks for your help!

Anton
    Anton

Hi Bill,

I just tried what you suggested...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soquili:
    If you move the layer that has the doughnut outline to the Background Layers in the Layers Gallery, it will not print and can be visible at all times.[\QUOTE]
    That works fine (well, I can move it to the Background section of the layers gallery -- I haven't tried printing yet, but I don't expect a problem).

I'm not sure of this one though...
    [QUOTE]Another option is to copy and paste the doughtnut outline onto the guides layer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How do you do that? I can't seem to drag that doughnut layer onto a red "Guides" layer...

Anton
    Anton

Select the doughnut hole.

Select the Guides Layer (click on the title bar).

Press Move.

The selected object is now on the Guides layer (or any other layer you have selected).

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Press Move. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Dohh!!

Of course!... and I've done it so many times before, in other situations.

Thanks Gary!
    Anton

Anton I sure would like to check out your cd template... Could you email it to me Please.

kopykat@usermail.com

hi kopykat,

I am retty sure there is one or two Cd templates in the shareware part of the xaraxone

PS... Welcome to Talkgraphics!

@John Rayner, Thanks!

I have looked at them and they don/t seem to fit my needs. I have a template I made in photoshop but when I open it in XaraX it loses its layers. A little hard to explain, but the template has some transparent areas that lose their transparent effect when imported to XaraX and I can't for the life of me fiure out how to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, kopykat