Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Website

Default Recent Website

http://www.jumbalees.com/

Website for a freind, he works as a 2D animator but this is his own project. He did all the artwork (drawn then scanned) and designed the site pages (on photoshop) I just put it all together with WD7. The Navbar was tricky I had to make the contour on the right of each one fit into the vertical bamboo side of the next. More to ad the books aren't actually published or available yet but I'm pleased with it so far. Views / criticism welcome.

PS: I'm curious about the website backgrounds, I made a thread here but I don't know about html and I'd really like to know if I can just use WD Pro 7 to do it? I'm considering upgrading anyway.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ext&highlight=

regards,

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Recent Website

Very nice site. Nice bright colours. I did notice a typo on the about books page the i in friends is missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks glad you like it. I noticed that typo recently too and a few more. Will fix them next update. Thanks for the page clipping advice on my other thread too.
    Last edited by Arpeggio; 07 December 2011 at 02:29 PM.

What a great site! I love it. Now that many people use iphones, ipads and other tablets on the net, perhaps you can link each of the little characters to their page. People could then either click or touch the characters to go to their respective pages. You could do the same with the books. The nav bar is great, and large enough for touch screen users, but I found on my android that the dropdown menus are a bit small when touching the screen. The site looks great on my tablet by the way.

Much appreciated Abikadabra I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the input I hadn't considered touch pads yet I agree it would make it easier for smaller screens and touch screens. I was going to make the characters clickable with them move to a different pose with the mouseover but I don't know if it's possible to make the layer behind the mouseover dissapear to avoid having 2 of the same character. Within WD7 I suppose the other option would be to make their facial expression different.

Ive updated the site there should be no typos now, and there will be some bamboo curtains opening on the whole front page eventually when I've got round to sorting out some glitches with that.

regards,

really nice site, and the characters are brilliant, for the layer thing, on the mouseover layer create a white box which is larger than the image on the mouseoff layer and then group this white box with the mouseover image, that way it hides the image on the mouseoff layer.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hey thanks for the reply skech just got back to this forum after a while. Nice idea for the mouse off I will do that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
    Nice idea for the mouse off I will do that in the future.
    Done!

http://www.jumbalees.com/all%20jumbalees.htm

If you go to the home page the bamboo curtains are there now too, although often they appear a bit later than the background they are supposed to be in front of which isn't the worst thing as far as I think. There's some other things there too like games. The wholesalers don't stock them much yet it's all fairly recent so that's something I need to look a next.

Hello Arpeggio. The site looks great. I love how the little characters form a different pose when you mouse over them, and that they now link to their pages. I like the bamboo curtains. Perhaps you could put them on every page?

I agree with the above poster, the transition to a different pose is really very nicely done.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk