Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to show/hide text boxes? (Sliding effect)

I am trying to condense a lot of information into one page for a cleaner look (and to avoid making several small pages just to show a bit of data). I've seen before on other sites the ability to have a list of descriptions, and when one of them is clicked the rest of the list slides down to reveal more information for the clicked description - a picture and small paragraph is what I'm looking to include. When another description is clicked, the open one closes back up and the new focus expands in the same way, so there's only one description open at any given time.

I've searched the forums, the xara site, the help file and the menus/galleries - I just can't seem to find any way to achieve this. Do I have to code it in or is there a tool for this? I don't want to put a lot of work into it and then find out later that there was an easy way.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found an example of what I'm looking for (although having them 'slide' would be a nice bonus if possible). See example
    Last edited by gsr2011; 04 December 2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Add example link

Default Re: How to show/hide text boxes? (Sliding effect)

No, but you can get close ... how about this?

http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=1512#p10690
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think you can accomplish this with pop up layers. Each of the sections in your example would link to a separate pop up layer. And the information for each section would be on the linked to pop-up layer.

In the Help > Index section, search for Pop-up Layers.

The attached is an example of how this works. Each pop-up layer requires a button or text link to close. This button or link is named "popup:close" Click the yellow Name tag on the Infobar to add a name. popup:close has to be enclosed in quotation marks.

You can also use some of the Layer effects to get the pop up layer to slide in or slide down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think I'm right in saying that quotation marks would break the code
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think you're actually wrong John Gary's example works fine for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I think, actually, it works without the quotes tho to close the layer I put the code in the link to box ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	85758

... which is how it is in the advanced features written by Covoxer. Gary's layers close when you click anywhere. He has not applied the popup:close to the close buttons on any layer.

So actually, Frances, I'm not wrong
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 05 December 2011 at 03:18 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok I had a closer look at Gary's example you are right that he has not applied the popup:close. Using Gary's example you really dont need a button to close the popup as it's not locked. If you apply (lock) to your layer name and lock the popup then you need to have the button and link it to popup:close as in your example. both methods will be close to what the OP wanted but will not push the content down dynamically as in the example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

No, it won't push the content down, but using the popup:close arrangement with a bit of alignment you can produce a similar effect as I did for a site's contact page here ...

http://hadriansingers.safeplace.org.uk/contact.htm

which might suit the OP