Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating scrollbars, Can't seem to find functionality for this. Help

I'm pulling my hair out trying to add a scroll bar to my web pages in WD7. I want to add a series of photos down the left side of my webpage and then anchor each photo with its associated text, which will be to the right of the photo.
    When ever i add more photos than the length of the page, instead of a scroll bar automatically being generated (which is what you would expect of wysiwyg), i get the last photo being truncated and no scroll bar.
    Why does it not just create a scroll bar? How is it done please? When you type Scroll bar in the manual you get nothing.

Scroll bars is an indispensable feature of webpages, why such lack of support of it?

Default Re: Creating scrollbars, Can't seem to find functionality for this. Help

When ever i add more photos than the length of the page...

Make your page long enough to accommodate the images. It's a wysiwyg application.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: Creating scrollbars, Can't seem to find functionality for this. Help

Thanks Mike. That did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Pete12 View Post
    Scroll bars is an indispensable feature of webpages, why such lack of support of it?
    I assume you now realise this is nothing whatsoever to do with Xara?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Yes, now I realise it in that situation. I was confused because you can create scroll bars for text, i believe.

No, you cannot create scrollbars. You can change the size of a textarea or an iframe or a frame so that a scrollbar appears automatically according to the text it contains, but that is determined by the browser, not by the web designer
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I see. So that is why there are no references to scroll bars in the help sections!
    I''ve got it working now.

Thanks beretgascon

A pleasure, keep on scrolling
    Avoiding Manual Labour.