Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 Problems with integrating paypal button on xara webdesigner 6

Hi guys and ladies,

how are you? Hope everyone is doing well. I need help. I'm having major Problems with integrating paypal buttons on a xara webdesigner 6 site i'm building. Before it would be easy, with the ecommerce tab in the designs gallery, where you would simple press "insert" and there the button would appear. But all of a sudden now, the web browser opens up, (internet explorer, which is not my default browser) and you cannot right click and paste the html code onto the xara site for it to appear as a button. It should say paste html placeholder when you right click to paste, but instead when I attempt to put a paypal button on there , using the hml generated on the paypal page, it gets pasted as "unformatted text", literally the lettering of html, but no paypal button. Please, please please help!!! What do I do??? Please help!!!! Thank you all in advance!

Rob

Default Re: Problems with integrating paypal button on xara webdesigner 6

Hello Rob

You might be better off visiting the PayPay site, logging into your account, and generating your script there.

It is really more direct and basically the same thing that Xara is doing.

Have you checked out Xara's widget guide on inserting these widgets, it has step by step instructions. This is a link to the E-commerce page http://www.xara.com/widgets/v6/e-commerce

I agree with Gary. Much easier and direct to just get the script direct from paypal site and drop it into your placeholder.(less "middlemen")

Ken

Hi Ken,
    Thank you so much for your advice. The problem I have, is that the html placeholder does not come up! Instead, when I right click, it says "Paste unformatted text" and the html comes up, rather than the button. Its quite frustrating to be honest. I'd appreciate any advice on how to get the html placeholder to come up rather than the "unformatted text" thing.

Thank you Pete! The problem I have, is that the html placeholder does not come up! Instead, when I right click, it says "Paste unformatted text" and the html comes up, rather than the button. Its annoying. I'd appreciate any advice on how to get the html placeholder to come up rather than the "unformatted text" thing.

Hi Mentorman, Thank you so much for your advice. The problem I have, is that the html placeholder does not come up! Instead, when I right click, it says "Paste unformatted text" and the html comes up, rather than the button. Its quite frustrating to be honest. I'd appreciate any advice on how to get the html placeholder to come up rather than the "unformatted text" thing.

Hi gwpriester,
    Thank you so much for your advice. The main problem I have, is that the html placeholder does not come up! Instead, when I right click, it says "Paste unformatted text" and the html comes up, rather than the button. Its quite frustrating to be honest. I'd appreciate any advice on how to get the html placeholder to come up rather than the "unformatted text" thing.

Hi Sith

There is no need to reply four times with the same reply, one reply thanking everyone by name is enough
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi sith, when after I set up the placeholder,then copied the code for paypal into the htm section I found that when I first viewed the site (before exporting) I got nothing. It wasn't until the site connected to paypal that the link was activated and the paypal icons appeared in the placeholders. I could then adjust their exact positioning etc.Hope this helps
    Ken