Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Text goes off right side of page

Ok, that was that problem. I redrew the text box and repasted the text from notepad. Checked it in preview and still going over right edge. Maybe I should just delete the entire page and start a new one from scratch?

Might be an idea ... I'm flummoxed :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

That's what I'll do (tomorrow, it's getting late). Thanks for all the time you took to help.

Let us know how it goes :-)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

If you make notepad's window the width your web page will be and have Word Wrap enabled you can see the same run off the page as on your current Directions page.

By inserting Enter/Return keys to make the text fit within notepad (window at your web page size) the text can be copied and pasted to your new Text Area and will fit on the web page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	directions-text-area.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	85579  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Ok, that was that problem. I redrew the text box and repasted the text from notepad. Checked it in preview and still going over right edge. Maybe I should just delete the entire page and start a new one from scratch?
    This is because the new text area that is being drawn uses the last attributes applied to that object, so redrawing the text area will apply the same incorrect text aspect ratio as the one you've just deleted.

Solution: Copy your text into Notepad. Delete the text area in WD. Save the file, close and restart the program. Draw text area and copy/paste the text from Notepad into the newly drawn text area.

That will then have set the text aspect ratio as 100%.

Problem fixed. I copied text to notepad and deleted the page. Inserted new page, drew new text box and pasted text from notepad into it. Works correctly now. (Didn't need to restart program)
    Thanks for all the assistance.

MJW, select the text and the text tool. To the right of the font size box in your menu you'll see a % box. Change the % to 100, then select the font and size needed for your page. I had the problem when I started Xara. I found that keeping the % at 100 will display the text properly. Do not shrink any text with the selector unless you intend to convert it to bitmap.

The Aspect Ratio box doesn't exist in WD7 ... see post #8 above ;-)