Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Text goes off right side of page

Working on my first project with Web Designer 7. Working of one of the supplied templates, I've completed serveral pages. When I "preview web page" all the pages look correctly, as they did in the "working view", except one. All the text on this one page goes over the right edge. I didn't do anything different.

I've tried shrink the text box, extending the page edge..... nothing changes. Any idea what I did wrong?

Default Re: Text goes off right side of page

The usual cause of this is using the selector tool instead of the text tool to resize a text area. If you can supply the .web we can have a better guess :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I used the text resize tool. I'm an extreme newbie. By ".web" do you mean its web address? If so, I've not put it to the web yet (don't even have a host yet). Still learning.

No, the .web file you made with Web Designer :-) You can attach it to a post on here
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Here's my file (work in progress -- please feel free to make any other suggestions as you see fit as well).
    The problem is on the "Directions" page (page 5). Thanks for helping.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your aspect ratio shows you've re-sized with the Selector Tool ... see here http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3374 you can restore it by changing the aspect ratio to 100%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	re-sixe.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	85574

Alright now I really feel dumb. I can't find the aspect ratio you refer to. I see in the thumbnail you posted a box and % sign just to the left of the Bold (same with link you provided). But I can't bring it up on my project.

It's not you being dumb, it's me Sorry to mislead. I was using XDP7 where it does exist

Swipe select the text then cut it - paste into notepad. Remove that text area and draw a new one, copy the text from Notpad and paste into the new text area.

Did as instructed, but when I redrew the text box I get warning box: "object created has been added to a layer that is locked or invisible". Then I can't find it. On the right side in the page & layer gallery all the little locks and eyes are open for that page.

Click on the MouseOff layer to make sure that it's "Current". Your MouseOver layer is set to invisible in the file posted and you might have that selected ... it happens :-)