Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question real estate web site - Overview List - Any good Idea ??

HI

I am quite new in webdesigner 7 premium. I want to create a real estate web site.
    To do that I need to add obects on a list (houses, appartments) see attached file. When I click on the picture a detail page shout open with detailed information about the house.

Can I do that without programming

Please, PLease help !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIST.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	85570

Default Re: real estate web site - Overview List - Any good Idea ??

Hi!

Firstly Welcome to the forum. I have been through this myself and I am afraid the answer is no in terms of a traditional xara website. For this the best way is a wordpress or joomla site with a real estate plug-in.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi skech,

To design a Real estate website with Designer Pro is not a good idea, contact me via Skype my id= cmichielsens and I tell you why?

soet

Hi sketch,
    First of all thank you for your answer. How can I integrate a wordpress or joomla plugin in XARA ?
    Thanks in advance for an answer. I appreciate it very much.

best regards,
    erde

erde

You really need to start from scratch. You cannot integrate the plugins in xara. Most hosting companies have a one click install of either wordpress or joomla (or install it manually, only slightly more difficult), once this has installed and has created the database files etc then do a search for real estate plugin for wordpress (or joomla, whichever you decide to use). do this search either on the wordpress or joomla sites or just type it in google. As I said it cannot be done with xara products as yet or ever.

I must be misunderstanding what is required here since I think this is very easy. It looks to me that you want a page similar to your attachment, and then the user clicks on the house image and a detailed page of stats shows up. Am I wrong or are you looking to do something else?

The link for the details can be placed on a pop-up layer.

Clicking on links etc and pop-up layers are easy but On a real estate website the customer needs to be able to search for properties with various variables such as price, location, number of bedrooms etc, and this simply cannot be achieved using xara. This is why I suggested the wordpress route. If anyone does know how to do all this using a xara product then I would certainly like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Clicking on links etc and pop-up layers are easy but On a real estate website the customer needs to be able to search for properties with various variables such as price, location, number of bedrooms etc, and this simply cannot be achieved using xara. This is why I suggested the wordpress route. If anyone does know how to do all this using a xara product then I would certainly like to know.
    That makes sense, but the OP didn't state any details as such - no mention of searchability or database necessity. At least there was no specific mention of that requirement. If he/she just wants to show info in a pop-up, that's easy. Many realestate sites are not that involved and are rather small showing maybe a dozen houses or more/less. It all depends on if they have a large list of houses that they are trying to sell.

Erbe, all the answers here are correct - it depends upon what type site you want.

As Skech has stated, for a large Real Estate site such as Realtor.com, one needs a database for the searches to work. One could do a part of the site in Xara and link out to a database but it doesn't make sense to do so - just do it all in one program.

On the other hand, if it is just a small Real Estate company with few listing to show it can be down in Xara as others has said.

Good luck with the site. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com