Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: real estate web site - Overview List - Any good Idea ??

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think the problem with the iFrame will be over-running the page footer.
    I do not understand what you mean?

At the bottom of your Xara design is a footer with what will eventually be page links. In an ideal world your iFrame should allow the list of properties to expand downwards, rather than be constrained. Unfortunately if it's floating over the xara page, it will just run over the footer. I think there are some suggested tweaks for a floating footer to pin it to the browser bottom, but it won't do so using the normal way of adding Xara content.

The footer of my xara website does not contain page links. Those are in the header. However, the problem you describe will not occure anywhay because the iframe uses a scrollbar to keep the iframe the same size yet list all the properties.

The iframe now shows the excel-html page. Unfortunately, it shows the various tabs at the bottom as well (blad 1, blad 2, blad 3). And inserting pictures in excel turned out to be quite a nerve breaking task. Therefore, I will make the excel-html page in Frontpage. This resolves both the tabs at the bottom, the difficult insertion of pictures as well as the maintenance problem because frontpage almost works like word (which everybody is capable of using).

OK, good luck!

Thnx for your help. I'll post an update if I have finished with this temporary solution. And maybe I'll be able to find a final solution the next couple of weeks.

Hi all
    Thank you for your answers. Indeed it is just to show 10 - 15 objects. Houses, app., etc. I dont need a database, oder search abilities.
    @ Megalodon: True, if a user clicks on the picture, a detailed page should open. It should be a "normal" page where I can put a slideshow of pictures and some detail text.
    @ gwpriester: How I dot that ?
    @ jeb: are there any examples on xara where I can see that ?
    @ sketch: Thanks for your answers. I really need just to show 10-15 Objects. Those I want to present in a professional way. Would you still implement that in e.g. wordpress or is ist possible in xara ?

Thank you guys for your answer.

Best wishes
    Erde

Hi Erde,

Sorry I almost hijacked your thread!

Since I'm in the same branche as you are, I know what you would like to do. Up to, say, 15 objects it is okay to do it all in Xara. Just make listing page with all your properties and link each property in that list to its own specific page where-in more detailed information is shown. There are no templates for that (afaik). However, it is easy immaginable.

As far as I have experienced this works fine up to the moment you have to modify your listings frequently and/or the number of objects in you portfolio starts to increase.

Hi sjeupie

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I can see the problem with increasing number of objects. For the beginning it should be ok for me with xara, after I look for
    joomla or wordpress. Thanks and good day.

Best Erde

Have any of you considered using Google Presentation or Google Spreadhsheets to embed dynamic information? It is of course not as customizable and powerful as using a CMS, but you may find these useful for certain embedded content. Cheers.