Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

A while back attempted a MD add in Xara and was real pleased w/ it. Here's my try in PS and am equally pleased. Let me know what you think

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mdPS.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	2566  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

A while back attempted a MD add in Xara and was real pleased w/ it. Here's my try in PS and am equally pleased. Let me know what you think

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

cool, Steve---I liked the Xara version very much, what I especially like in this version is the extremely transparent, fluid, liquid effect you've achieved, which is even more apparent here than in the Xara one...just my opinion, though.
    Great liquid effect!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As the Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

But your original Mountain Dew was more refreshing! It was fluid and in-your-face exciting. While this one does have a nice fluid look I think graphically it isn't as strong. Sorry to say but it is somewhat reminiscent of what happens when you flush the toilet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I'm not saying it is crap - it is interesting - I just like your earlier approach better.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

So you've done the dew again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ....

I like it and it has amazing effect but I have to agree with Ross, the original Dew is more crave-inducing (perhaps because it's being poured ) ... dang all I have is orange juice and milk here. Well maybe they'll make an interesting refreshing drink when mixed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

design layout, I agree...but the liquid in this one looks much clearer, if that makes sense??? They both have their good points and it's interesting to see the difference in the clarity of the liquid in PS versus XX. I have noticed that lots of times this clarity in liquids or glass-like objects is not achieved as well and there looks to be more opacity in XX images---or in other words a softer fuzzy effect rather than the "crystal clear" look of water/soda pop. Both are interesting, Steve! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I agree with Maya. The Xara version has a more visual impact. But the liquid in this version is more accurate. (not sure that is the word I want, but it is the only one my brain can come up with right know :0 )

--Randy R