Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Webstyle4 Won't Allow Editing

I have an old site made with Frontpage and Webstyle4. Clicking on the Webstyle nav bar opens Webstyle4 but I can't edit any of the properties. Opening Webstyle4 directly also won't allow any edits to any of the nav bars. Do I need to reinstall Webstyle4, and will that cause any problems? I currently use Designer Pro 6 and would like to move this nav bar over to that program but haven't been able to.

Jim

Default Re: Webstyle4 Won't Allow Editing

Jim before uninstalling Webstyle4 you will need to copy the navbar project folder to another location on your hard drive otherwise it will be deleted along with the templates.

If you used FrontPage and the Webstyle extension to create the original pages you must do the same to edit the navbar within the FrontPage project.

Recreating your Webstyle4 navbar within Designer Pro 6 will take a lot of work even if you use the .wix files for the button graphics.

I once attempted to write a tutorial about how to use the .wix files to create a navbar but it would have been the length of a novel rather than a tutorial.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill,
    That's pretty much what I thought. None of the nav bar templates are editable, not just the projects. Do I have to uninstall or can I re-install over the existing Webstyle4?

Jim

Jim if my memory is correct when you start a new install it detects the old one and performs an uninstall then re-install.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Jim

You've probably seen the other similar recent thread on this issue and I'm sure you've resolved this by now, but just for anyone else's benefit, I've just experienced the same exact issue myself and the fix is to uninstall as Bill says but then to run the CD installation as Adminstrator, at least under Win7/64. If you simply use Run to install, Webstyle 4 seems to install under Win7 but the editing options are greyed out when you actually try and use the app for real. Apologies if this has been widely discussed previously - I don't tend to hand around the Webstyle bits of TG but had this problem myself recently and Google threw up TG as the tope solution, bringing your post to my attention...

Jon

I did uninstall and reinstall. That solved it. Thanks.

Jim

Thanks for the update Jim. Glad it is working for you now.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Although I now use Designer Pro 6, there were some things I needed WebStyle for. Happy to have it working again.

Jim

New to the forum friends but the subject seems to fit my problem, as been working well for many years, but since I have upgraded to windows 10 I am now unable to edit my navbar. which I use very often can anyone offer some help as I don't fancy doing a reinstall and losing it. It will not allow me to save it anywhere either.Thanks.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't think there are a lot of WebStyle users in this forum. Your best bet is to file a support ticket at http://support.xara.com