Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default After effect typography video ;)

Typography video create using after effects

Typography video

Let me know what you think!

Default Re: After effect typography video ;)

I didn't see anything there that couldn't easily be done with Xara.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I must admit I've never heard of Xara. Looked it up in google now.. You say this can be done using one of there products? which one..? i'm interested.

I use Designer Pro 7, but PhotoGraphicDesigner7 would work just as well. You can download trial versions at http://www.xara.com To do that animation you would need to do a flash animation. There are many here that will be happy to help if you need it. Much of the stuff you see on these forums were created with Xara software. Don't get me wrong that animation would still take a lot of work and imagination, but Xara software is a real joy to use.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

a-p, Xara software is not really suited to the typographic video, but it could be done with a LOT of effort. At no stage did the word "easily" enter my mind when I saw the video. It's the kind of thing that AF is made for. Xara software doesn't have the finesse required for controlling the movement and timing of the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by a-p View Post
    I must admit I've never heard of Xara. Looked it up in google now.. You say this can be done using one of there products? which one..? i'm interested.
    You've never heard of Xara products and yet you posted in a forum dedicated to Xara products?

pauland is correct. Xara products are not the software anyone would normally choose for such animation titles.

Mike

Well all I can say is I use Xara almost exclusivt and that sure looks doable to me. I know it would take a lot of work but it sure didn't look that difficult to me. Maybe after I started I might change my mind and realize I was wrong. Perhaps I should try it just to find out for sure. You guys have valid points though.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Larry, it might possibly be doable but at huge effort and I doubt you'd ever get such a smooth result. Software such as After Effects is designed to allow transitions and subtle movements with highly controlled easing behaviour and various effects being applied on the things that are being moved. The most obvious differrence is that AE is based on timeline manipulation. Check out some AE tutorials on youtube or the adobe site.

For motion graphics I would say Xara is like a thoroughbred horse racing the After Effects Ferrari.

As an after thought, one of Xara's parent products (Magix) might be able to do this.

But AE is made for this.

Mike

Ok I bow to your superior knowledge.
    And in the imortal words of James, "Peace".
    Larry a.k.a wizard509