Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rounding corners on template shapes

Is there a reason why the Xara web site templates use Shapes in place of regular rectangles, rounded rectangles etc?
    I have been trying to round off the corners of a blue 'shape' behind text but obviously the Curvature option does not show when Rectangle & Curver Corners buttons are selected.
    Seems it would be a lot easier to alter background shapes if the regular rectangle tool is used.

Default Re: Rounding corners on template shapes

I am going to assume that you are referring to the page background?

The page background is locked. But you can unlock it in the Page and Layer Gallery and at which point you can have your way with the rectangle and make any modifications you wish. Do remember to lock it when you are done. For two reasons. Reason number one, so that if you extend the bottom of the page to make it deeper, that the background will extend as well and reason number two, so that you do not dislodge the page background when you are trying to select another object.

Hi Gary,
    Apologies, badly worded. I mean the colour shapes behing text, heading etc on the mouse off layer.

No problem. Can you select the background by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking?

If not, give us the name of the template and someone will have a look see. Might need to unlock something in the Page and Layer Gallery.

Hi Gary, I have attached a snap shot. The template is Ex Associate 2 Theme but I see that in all the templates, they show up as shapes.
    I made the rounded rectangle on the right ans it shows as a Rounded Rectangle in the layer, not a shape. So why have they used shapes that cant be easily rounded or changed?
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara shapes.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	85305