Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Installed Webstyle on new computer, can't edit menus

I just installed Webstyle 4 on my new computer. I also use Frontpage and have installed it. I went into my website using frontpage and went to make some changes on the menu that I have previously created using Webstyle on another computer. When I click on the menu it opens Webstyle like it did before on the other computer but it doesn't open the menu as before so I can make the changes.

Default Re: Installed Webstyle on new computer, can't edit menus

Hi Tim, welcome to Talkgraphics.

Did you also copy the original project folders from your old computer? You will need those before you can have the same interaction you had on the old computer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Installed Webstyle on new computer, can't edit menus

Hi timh

Hope you've got this sorted by now - but if not, uninstall Webstyle 4 fully and start again - but start the process by running the CD installation (runCD.exe or something very like that, sorry can't remember exact filename) using Run As Administrator. Webstyle should then install from the Xara installation splash screen and work fully. I just found myself in exactly the position you described (I'm assuming you're now on Windows 7 but your previous PC wasn't....) and this sorted it out. Prior to fixing this, Webstyle would apparently install into Win7 64-bit and would start OK, but after selecting a template to start work on, the editing options were all greyed out. Running the app as Administrator doesn't help at this stage either. Hope this helps...

Jon
    Last edited by JonH27; 04 December 2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: irritating typos