Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Jotform position problem when website viewed on a mobile phone - any tips?

Can any members advise on how to ensure jotform positioning is compatible when viewing a website using a mobile phone?

Am experiencing a problem with layout on a (new) site; agimy.com

The site was created using Xara designer pro 7, and uses the jotform widget.

This layout is ok when viewed on a PC / laptop, but the text and jotform badly overlap when viewed using a mobile.

All advice appreciated.
    Kathryn

Default Re: Jotform position problem when website viewed on a mobile phone - any tips?

Hi Kathryn!

I have been using jotform for a while now and hadn't noticed any problems on my sites on mobile devices, which option are you using to embed the jotform widget?
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Jotform position problem when website viewed on a mobile phone - any tips?

Hi Skech
    I'm using the drag / drop widget from the designs gallery.
    No problems when viewing on IE etc.

What settings do you use for jotforms to ensure mobile compatability?

Can you advise how to reduce the "padding" around the form when I'm in/using Xara?
    - this seems to be the size that the form defaults to when viewed on a mobile.

I've tried the obvious jotform column / form / width settings, in the jotform window.

All advice welcome and appreciated.

best regards
    Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

I tried using the drag drop widget and used to have problems with it. Now I just go to the site direct, create the form and then go to embed form and use the first option 'Embed Form' it gives a short piece of code, put this into a placeholder of the exact size of your form. This way if and when you make a change to the form on the jotform site it will automatically be updated in your site, There are a number of other options you can use as well (do not use the 'source' option as this brings with it loads of problems, if you have any other javascript on the web page then use the iframe option. If you create the form this way (and not through xara widgets) you will be alright, just remember to create the form the exact size you want in jotform and make sure that the placeholder is the same size.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk