Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Creating logo, cropping.

When you say a4 size backing are you talking about your page size? or do you have a black background layer on your page? page size can be easily adjusted and if you have a back ground layer you can remove that, then just place a black rectangle of any size you want behind your logo, no Clipping needed. Can you post an example of what you are trying to do and what you have so far?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Creating logo, cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok you can:

create a rectangle the size of the area you want - place over the logo in position - select both and press ctrl+3 [intersect]

alternatively put the rectangle behind the logo [in position] select both and press q - this clip method allows you to re-position your logo within the clip boundaries afterwards [clipview]

there is also a clip option on the photo tool toolbar
    Thanks for the tips...I have just had this same problem with linear transparency overlaps of the design off the design rectangle area and was trying to figure how to crop them out.