Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I seem to be really stuck adding an image to the side of my cup

I worked and worked until I finally got this mug in blender but I can't seem to add a graphic to the side of the mug, and can't figure out how to add another image to the scene to make a table top. Any suggestions? I know I'm doing something wrong with the uv editor but I'm at a total loss. This is my first mug and isn't quite there yet either but at least I got something. I have watched tutorial after tutorial trying to get to the bottom of my problem but so far nothing has worked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cup.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	85083
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: I seem to be really stuck adding an image to the side of my cup

Hello Larry,

If you have the graphic applied in the UV editor, then the culprit (for not seeing the image in the render) often turns out to be that, in the Textures tab you haven't ALSO loaded that texture in and told it to use UV coordinates. It seems like a double step...but one associates the image with the object...and the other expressly defines how it is applied.

Hope this helps...

If not, then please upload the packed Blendfile, I'd be happy to take a look!

As far as adding another image to the scene, please go to the User Preferences and turn on "Import Image as Plane" option. Then, when you go to Import, that option will show up and you can click it, navigate to your image and it WILL be in the scene, already applied to a plane and with the correct aspect ratio.

Perfect cup by the way!

Take care

James

Well done with that mug, Larry.

Be patient ! Blender is not easy to learn, but in my humble experience, if you keep experimenting you will get there (with James' help and advice, of course). What I started doing is scribble down (in Evernote, but paper and pencil will do as well) all the problems I encounter and the solution - mostly small things, but hard to remember afterwards how it was done.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Thanks James and Guy. James I couldn't get back to it right away because the plumber came out but I'm back on it now so I'll keep my fingers crossed and the perspiration flowing. Please don't get
    Mr. Whats-his-name after me just yet. Thanks for the help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You're always welcome, Larry

I agree with Guy. Keep at it. As time goes on, it starts to sink in by osmosis!

Have fun!

James

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Like James and Guy said keep at it and don't give up! I know it's been a while since I posted what I've been up to in Blender but I hope soon to have something to post, been busy with a number of work related projects, and had a week of dealing with my youngest daughter home sick with the flu, she is now well again and back to school and I'm starting to get caught up so soon I'll be Blending again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.