Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Install/use problem

I've installed a trial copy of Xara 3D Maker 7 on my machine which (a 64 bit Wintel machine running Win 7).

As far as I can tell the prog installed properly, but when I run it a 'demo' starts up showing the system can create 'credits' for home movies etc.

However... I can't stop the demo from running in order to create anything else!! No matter what I've tried to do, no matter which buttons I press... it just keeps on rolling.

Is there anything I can do to stop it?? It's *really* frustrating and I've wasted several days of my trial period trying to find out how to be able to test out the system.

Default Re: Install/use problem

Xara3D Maker 7 (unfortunately) opens the last file that was open when the program was closed. For first time installations it is the demo .x3d file showing the scrolling 3D text.

Simply click the File menu > New option to close the file and start a new one.

I have made it a habit to open a new file before closing X3D Maker 7 before exiting the program. This results in a new blank document being ready when I start the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Xara3D Maker 7 (unfortunately) opens the last file that was open when the program was closed. For first time installations it is the demo .x3d file showing the scrolling 3D text.

Simply click the File menu > New option to close the file and start a new one.

I have made it a habit to open a new file before closing X3D Maker 7 before exiting the program. This results in a new blank document being ready when I start the program.
    I've done that several times since I installed it. When I close the program and then reopen it, it produces a box which asks do I want to save the exiting file so I've ticked both yes *and* no, and whichever choice I take makes no difference. It *still* ignores the 'New' command. It also ignores 'Open' commands etc.

Is it possible this version just isn't happy working on a 64 bit machine??

have you tried modifying the demo and then saving it before you close the program [or simply 'save as' to a new file without modification]

if that does not clear it you could try renaming the demo so the program can't find it [I don't recommend deleting it]

@Soquili - so this program does not have an option to disable 'open last file' Bill ? - agree, unfortunate. silly even
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    have you tried modifying the demo and then saving it before you close the program [or simply 'save as' to a new file without modification]

if that does not clear it you could try renaming the demo so the program can't find it [I don't recommend deleting it]

@Soquili - so this program does not have an option to disable 'open last file' Bill ? - agree, unfortunate. silly even
    Thanks - I'll give it another try (I'm sure I've already done it... but it's worth trying again! ). If it doesn't work, I'll uninstall ( yet again) and try another install just in case... then I think I'll give up

Correct Steve, no option to turn off the Open Last file. It is very silly for a program like X3D to reopen a file that is most likely completed and not needed for another session.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update