Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Here are some Seamless Tiles for free usage...

Here are some seamless tiles that I made. Though I posted these in 3D Graphics, they are very useful in Xara Designer Pro 7 (etc.) as well!

SeamlessTiles.zip

PREVIEW PAGE

To use them in Xara, just pull one in and cut it to put it in the bitmap gallery. Then, when you have something that you want to use that texture, just choose Fill/Bitmap and choose the tile in the drop-down. Change Single Tile to Repeating Tile and then move one of the endpoints on the Fill Handles and sweeten to taste.

For using them in Blender, choose them on the Texture tab and don't forget to change the Repeating #, under Image Mapping.

Enjoy!

James

P.S. Would like to see if you make something cool with them. Free to use for any use whatsoever.
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 06 November 2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added PREVIEW Page...

Default Re: Here are some Seamless Tiles for free usage...

Cool James. I'll have a look. I'm always searching for textures for my stereogram work.

You betcha, Gary!

Some of them look pretty cool... I think you'll find something you can use.

Rather than being rectangle based (though the tile IS rectangular), they are hexagonal based...so will be something different.

I look forward to seeing you make something with some of these!

By the way, you can also go HERE and Preview/Download the individual seamless tiles.

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 06 November 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Very cool James,
    Thank you
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Very nice James! Thank you! You seem to have been having fun with one of the seamless tile softwares that were discussed in the dear Xara thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You're welcome, Larry

Glad you liked 'em.

Peace

James

Hello Frances,

Yes, I was using Repper (and Designer Pro 7) to make the Seamless Tiles. It's fascinating since it makes them in real-time from your Input Image, so you can move the Sampling Square and stop when it looks cool.

It's one of those mindless fun creative things.

Glad that you liked them!

James

Here's what I came up with using the tiles and the displacement (other thread). It was real fun to see it evolve. Thanks, James.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seamless displacement.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	85086

On top of the displacement texture I also used a specularity texture for the two walls.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Hello Guy,

Very, very good job, Guy!

The image not only looks aesthetically pleasing, it's enormously spacious looking.

As you can see, the Specularity and Displacement (and potentially Normal) Maps really make a strong difference in how dimensional things look.

I especially like that beehive wall on the right side. That's really neat!

ShaderMap is cool, eh?

Don't forget that the maps are (of course) editable and also that you can set a negative displacement value in order to invert which are the high vs. low (in height) portions of the mapped texture.

Take care

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	85092