Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Learning to Hate Web designer 7.1

for the life of me I cannot get text to show on a website or Web designers preview the same as I have it set up in web designer, my first page on the site seems fine, anypage after that got al lmessed up with text running off the page or bunching up at the end of each line, page is from scratch and not a template (www.crestonecolorado.com) Pardon the mess as I have been trying to fix this for 2 days now, if you visit test.htm its where I am redoing text to see if it will work, its all centered on the page and a 16 font in web designer

any help would be appreciated
    -RodneyLee

Default Re: Learning to Hate Web designer 7.1

been trying to get this to work for many more hours today with no luck, tried starting over
    my guess is some text code from dreamweaver maybe causing problem, may have to go back to dreamweaver till I get this figured out....

If you have imported it from another package then would suggest copying text into notepad then re-copy into WD as unformatted then check there is no additonal spaces where there shouldn't be and redo the new paragraph spacing too. This will ensure xara correctly formats the text.

You can also name the text attributes with "HTMLblocktext" this ensures when exported that xara doesn't use <span> commands for each text individually for each text line in the code.

HTH

Hello Rodney,

The site pages that are mucked up are quite a mess. The good news is that I don't see any page that cannot be recreated fully in Xara in an hour or so. You cannot use DW created pages. You can open pages in DW and have Xara open and recreate the pages pretty easily though. Use the htmblocktext, as Hornet mentions, for blocks of text.

Also, while you and I have Comic Sans installed on our systems, many people will not. It is always best to use web safe fonts for any text you want read by Google, etc.

Take care, Mike

To give you an idea of the time involved...while the fresh pot of coffee was dripping.

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/rodney/

Obviously you have way more text on that page. I needed to copy back and forth from your web site but this only took 5 minutes.

Take care, Mike

TY everyone, XARA support got back to me also, turned out aspect ration of text when distorted will not show true in WYSIWYG so to fix I have to move all text to word pad and re import
    as rich text, .... needs a button to return to 100 percent

So we can rename this thread "Learning to Love Wed designer 7.1"
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

wouldn't this be where Paste Special would come in?