Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've finally gotten a little time to play around with ZBrush2. Downloaded the Practical Guide last night and followed the Rusty Idol tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rusty-idol.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	16766  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hey hey, looks great Bill Good to see you are having some fun with this app

Hey Gidgit,

Thanks for taking time to look and to comment.

I've had the app, starting with version 1.23 and have upgraded each time a new version has come out. This is the first time I think I'm beginning to get a feel for the interface. I have a long way to go to try making anything near what Mentat7 (Lonnie Sargeant) can do. But, it is fun to play around.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Looking good Soquili.

haha, don't feel bad Bill... Lonnie is a ZB master guru...

I look forward to viewing some more of your ZBrush worx Bill...

and you too Mike... maybe sooner or later I might pick up some cool tips from you guys

between you me and the rest of the planet here, I truly suck with ZB... hehe

Hi Mike, Thanks.

Gidgit - I know what you mean about not being good in ZB. I've done a couple of 2.5D paintings, that were so, so. This is the first 3D that has actually been worth posting.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

and a fine one it is Bill...

it all starts somewhere, and before you know it, you too will be a guru and we will being saying, look out Lonnie, here comes Bill

I think that once one understands mesh design concepts, then it is really all about getting very comfy with those tool sets...though I must admit that ZBrushes toolset is something entirely different ... beyond that it is all up to the imagination we all bring to the canvas... your going to do just fine... you will do far better than me at ZB for sure Just keep working at it... we need a few ZBrush types around here... cool worx to view...

hey, speaking of importing obj files into ZB, has anybody noticed that perspective is slightly off? I mean I just imported that racer of mine into ZB and when I rotate it to view frontside, the front is totaly much narrower than the rear of the car seems to be... any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> perspective is slightly off? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gidgit, By default 3D objects drawn on the canvas are orthographic, You can adjust perspective in the draw palette, Draw an object onto the canvas, then while in one of the transform modes, move, scale or rotate, open the draw palette, turn on perspective and adjust the distortion slider. You can also set Global perspective from this palette as well, How 2 is in the help file.

I never even concidered ortho, as my vcard is acting up with ZB and I auto assumed that this was just something funky happening on my end...

thanks Mike, I will give it a try and see...