Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HTMLBlockText

Default HTMLBlockText

All web pages should have HTMLBlockText applied automatically to text. I don't think it should matter whether it is a single line of text nor a text frame.

This shouldn't have to be figured via undocumented help files nor forum posts requesting help on text formatting.

What's the point of it not being a default property?

Default Re: HTMLBlockText

It's not as wysiwyg as the default method so probably not a good idea to make it default. But HTMLBlockText is a useful command. The documentation does mention to use HTMLText but that doesn't seem to work anymore, I think it needs to be updated to say HTMLBlockText.

It would be handy if the help page that links from the names dialog had these special names listed with descriptions as to what they do.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: HTMLBlockText

See, I cannot understand the downside at least for text frames drawn out and filled with text. None. It prevents certain unforeseen consequences. As it currently is ignored on rotated text, it can also, by default unless overridden, be ignored on say nav button graphics.

Who desired groups where text is present to be purposely exported as part of a graphic if it is the body of an html page? Again, if this non-standard behavior is desired, then one should be able to override the htmlblocktext name...but I certainly wouldn't.

Yes, thanks for the pointing out the htmltext versus htmlblocktext difference. No wonder I couldn't find it when trying to help someone. The help needs updated for all *current* special names and their descriptions.

Take care, Mike