Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stop & Post November 2011

Welcome to Stop & Post: November 2011

With winter coming there´s even more reasons to stop by and post whatever you´ve been doing in those rainy days.
    It doesn´t matter if it´s finished or not as long as it has been done with Xara software.
    Happy posting!

Default Re: Stop & Post November 2011

Actually, it is exceptionally warm here for the time of the year.
    And not so much rain either. Maybe a make up for the bad summer we had.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

It's official I'm hooked on stereograms. There has been a fair bit of stereogram stuff recently. I don't know why I suddenly decided this time to look more into them, but I downloaded 3D Miracle (found a link to this in the Xara Xone 'To Infinity' tutorial - thanks Gary and Bill). Then I spent the whole evening experimenting with different effects, it's great fun. Since then I've done several of them, learning as I go.

Anyway here's the first one I did ... it's still a WIP. Unfortunately the depth file in Xara corrupted ... so I'm just looking at different backgrounds to try and make the text clearer now. It's not particularly exciting, but I am just pleased it worked fairly ok, as it was my first attempt. Note: the depth is quite shallow in this one just in case anyone is seeing 2 or more (green) rugby balls (instead of just the one). Edit: Actually focusing first on the coloured rugby balls (floating images) at the top helps to get the right focus.

It's a tribute to the All Blacks, who won the Rugby World Cup Final in Auckland last month, way to go guys!

Regards

Su
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab-stergrm.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	85048  
    Last edited by Su Lawrence; 05 November 2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added extra info
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Heh, heh. Hooked indeed, Su. Nice one.

This is also a visual pun and another in the scenic series. Which, by the way, looks like it will be published in a new book in fall of 2012!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pool Balls.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	85049  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I love the stereograms Su and Gary, they're great fun!

Here is a Bokeh effect I've been trying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bokeh.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	85056
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sincere apologies Su. I can't see your Stereogram very clearly. Whereas, Gary's is absolutely clear.

I have no problems being able to view these, so you might want to have another go Su.
    I wouldn't mind being able to get hold of your original and see whether my effort would end up the same?!

Frances: That's a cool effect and I would like to thank you for reminding me that I took some photos on our holiday, where I hadn't cleaned the rain spots off the camera lens!!!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

you are welcome Rik
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In reply to Su Lawrence post
    I'm intreagued... but I dont seem to be able to get the focus to see what this is

Current Project with many ellements - Started with the logo design client was so pleased and now wants me to do everything designed for the event, all advertising, tickets cards maps placement seating newspaper adverts etc etc...its great practice, I'm just wondering wether I would have been better off purchasing Xara Pro instead of recent photo/web7 as the upgrade
    This ticket was designed in Xara X1 and found it very easy to use...I do love my XX1

you can see the event here with the logo header I designed http://www.opulenceintheoutback.com

[This is a love job]

Garys Pool
    OO oh my gosh I think I see something in your pool...Nice))

now I'm going to try Su lawrence's again