Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best free sites for submitting your website for analysis

Hi

I recently launched my new website created with Xara Web Designer Premium 7 but am finding I'm not getting many hits. I have used the free Woorank site to provide some feedback and it gave a score of just 34/100 which seems quite low. Some of their automated suggestions sound fine, others less relevant.

What site do people find the best to get a free analysis of their website?

Default Re: Best free sites for submitting your website for analysis

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Why not post the link to your website here or in the Xara Web Gallery forum and let the members give you feedback?

"I'm not getting many hits"

I think a lot of people think "If you build the site, they will come". Successful sites are dependent on good content, word of mouth/social media, and back links. Sites don't just attract hits overnight, you need to put some work into it.

Hi - thanks for the feedback and suggestion to post the link to my website - it is found at http://www.bmcdconsulting.com/

Any feedback most welcome.

OK. Overall, well done.

I would change your title to the text you have in your banner. Keywords are generally just that. Keywords. Pick the 10 most appropriate keywords that describe what you offer. Same thing with your Description. Pare it down to about 10 words.

It helps if your page title, description, and keywords are all similar. You have done this part very well.

Finally, jump start Google by submitting your site for a "crawl" https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...inue%3D/addurl

It never hurts to ask.

And as Paul pointed out, be patient. Promote your site, business cards, e-mail announcements, ads if appropriate.

Get involved in forums in which members may be interested in your services and participate. Have a link to your site. But wait until you have posted a few times before you add a link to your website so you don't get banished for spamming. Moderators in this forum will pretty automatically ban any new user who adds a link to her or his site. In your case, your site was created with Xara so you are exempt.

Following on from Garys comments - looking at your website your business expertise is going to be a problem to differrentiate from a sea of competitors, so getting hits is going to take some real work to promote your business. If you count the number of consulting businesses on google and how many fit in a page, you realise the scale of the task if you expect google to drive business to you without any promotion on your part.

I wouldn't mind some feedback from the experts on my site as well please.
    www.actionitcs.com
    Thanks

actionit - Looks pretty professional and well set out.

Thanks Hornet
    I'm interested in feedback on functionality and SEO issues. Any experts out there with ideas on keywords etc. This is my main advertising strategy at the moment, and I'm not getting as many hits as I'd like.

More pages with more relevant information to your aimed audience, think about what they are searching for to find the services you provide. Then focus your pages, information and balance of keywords to that. As many recipical links as possible with focussed traffic on them.... thats a start..