Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default New feature idea - Seamless tile generator

I came across this while looking for something else on the net and thought this maybe a feature worth adding. Image Styles

A seamless tile generator that does a really good job and they have a developers library that can be integrated into other software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Guest Guest

Default Re: New feature idea - Seamless tile generator

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I came across this while looking for something else on the net and thought this maybe a feature worth adding. Image Styles

A seamless tile generator that does a really good job and they have a developers library that can be integrated into other software.
    Allthough my title sounds different, that's exactly what I proposed here

Way to go, Frances

I looked at the separate seamless tile generator, Seamless Factory, and this suite of programs looks like the "find of the month" if you ask me!

I have a Redfield seamless tile "workshop" type plug-in, but it is very counter-intuitive and the results are less than phenomenal....much less.

I only played for a few moments (yet) in the program you shared, but can already see that it is super-useful.

Especially for 3D work it is important to have seamless resources. Getting close in (camera-wise) to mapped image objects will show whether one started with a hi-res or low-res image. Having a seamless tile, in the general case, will make it so that you can have the appropriate resolution.

Again, Frances, great find!

THANKS

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 29 October 2011 at 09:59 AM.

I use Pattern Studio at http://www.mediachance.com/patternstudio/index.html and it works very well.

Hello ZEBtoonz,

That looks like a cool program. It appears that it makes Normal maps, as well.

Thanks for the info!

James

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I still think that it would be cool if xara had this built right in, and you could simply access it from the right click menu or some thing like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.