Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default An Xara Alternative To Flash

I have used Macromedia for years and was disappointed when they sold out to Adobe. Not that I have anything against Adobe as I have used their products for years as well. When they acquired Macromedia they made a great suite of expensive products economically untouchable to the average designer. I mean come on!

I am also an Xara user and find myself always coming back to the old reliable cost effective, full function, and ease of use products in the Xara family. One of the biggest hurdles is web design and needing something like Flash. I have never found a good way around it. Any thoughts?

Default Re: An Xara Alternative To Flash

Hi,
    Have a look at SwishMax...it does what flash does and at half the price..(supports scripting).
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: An Xara Alternative To Flash

Thanks Jim,

I have looked at it in the past. I will look again. I probably wasn't paying enough attention at the time as I was heavily Flash-ized. I still have an old version prior to Adobe acquiring Macromedia. Thanks again.