Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Video files not found

Hi there,
    on my site I have several videos, on different pages. They were all working OK until recently. Now many of the videos are not working. When you click to play them, a message indicates that the video files are not found? I have tried reloading these pages but unfortunately the problem has not been resolved. Has anyone else had this problem? and where could the files be gone?
    Regards - Eoinmc

Default Re: Video files not found

Hi Eoinmc, please provide a link to the site so we can see what may be happening.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Soquili,
    I don't have a nav bar on this site. You can only access the pages via their link.

The offending pages are as follows

http://www.jobclubonline.com/ws1p1.htm
    http://www.jobclubonline.com/workshop2.htm
    http://www.jobclubonline.com/w1p2.htm

I don't have an idea what the problem is, and my knowledge is pretty limited in the area so you'll have to go easy on the jargon.
    Thanks.

Eoinmc which Xara application are you using? Your profile shows Xara Designer 6, is that Designer Pro 6 or Web Designer 6?

How did you add the flash files to your pages?

The code references standAlong_omk.swf but has a url reference for JConline Mod 1 pream.flv in one part of the code then a url reference of Workshop 1 P1.flv in another part of the code.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The standAlone_omk.swf is the xara flash player. The actually video file is /Workshop 1 P1.flv which does not exist in the expetced folder of /index_htm_files. It didn't get uploaded for some reason.

http://www.jobclubonline.com/index_h...p%201%20P1.flv
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi guys,
    I'm using Xara web designer 6. I don't know anything about code, but there are two videos on that page, and one of the 'code' phrases you mention corresponds with one video, while the other phrase corresponds with the second video.
    The odd thing is that they were working perfectly. It didn't come to my attention until someone pointed out that there was a problem, so I checked it out.
    I had uploaded a new page in between and there was a problem with that upload that I referred to in my last thread. The upload 'timed out', a few times - but uploaded ok the following day. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I discovered the problem after that upload.

I simply dragged the flv file and dropped it straight onto the page. That's how it is supposed to be done as far as I know, and it has worked for me in the past.

I've tried deleting the player on the page and dragging it back on afresh, but that didn't work.
    Would deleting the offending pages from the server, and uploading them again help?
    Best regards,
    Eoinmc

Hi Guys,
    I still can't figure out what's going on with my videos. I managed to get them up and running again, bar one, - I deleted the videos from the pages and then re-uploaded them one by one. The strange thing is - I had tried to do it that way before and failed, and the same method isn't helping with the last video that won't work. When I delete the video and check it on the webpage preview its gone, so that seems about right. Then when I drop the video back on to the page and preview it, the screen comes up (is that called the placeholder) but when I click on it it disappears??? I even deleted the page from my public html files via the C panel but no joy I'm afraid. Your help is appreciated.
    Best regards, Eoinmc